colours of the ocean are in an abalone shell, and is soft to
the touch from repeated tumbles in the sand and water. It also
has ripples on it which look like the ripples made by waves
Shells are part of a living ecosystem, made up from calcium
carbonate and grow in the ocean. Many types of shell have been
used instead of gemstones for centuries. Popular types of shell
include pearl, abalone and paua. Abalone shell has been used
for centuries in jewellery and carvings. In the Apache tradition
a disc of abalone shell is worn on the forehead of Apache girls,
on the morning of their initiation into womanhood.
Abalone Shell Meanings - Emotional, Spiritual, etc.
- Abalone shell is great for working through emotional issues,
as it encourages calmness and soothing in emotional situations.
- Abalone shell stimulates our intuition and imagination.
- Holding a piece of abalone shell makes you feel beauty,
love, comfort, caring, gentleness, delight, peacefulness,
- Abalone shell connected with family in particular motherhood.
- Abalone shell helps with the easy flow of feelings and sensitivities
- Abalone shell is intimately connected to the sea - it represents
the tides of emotion.
- Abalone shell helps give harmony to relationships.
- Abalone shells play and variety of colors represent change
as the beauty of existence.
- A comforting shell to hold and very tactile.
- Abalone shell increases our ability to be more emotionally
expressive and encourages co-operation between ourselves and
- Abalone shell is extremely useful in stimulating our psychic
Abalone Shell Meanings - Healing, Medical, Physical, etc.
- Abalone shell helps strengthen the structure of the body
and the functions of the heart chakra.
- Abalone shell strengthens the immune system, muscle tissues
and the heart.
- Abalone shell improves protein assimilation - can be used
to aid digestion.
- Abalone shell may be helpful in cases of arthritis and/or
other joint disorders.
- Any shells are related significantly to the ocean, because
they have been part of it for many years. The ocean brings
feelings of well-being and relaxation, it arouses all our
senses at once.