Known for being a deep red colour. Although
can also be found in shades of green, pink, yellow, and gray.
garnet is a hard resilient gemstone that can stand everyday wear
and tear. It is sometimes used as an indicator mineral for locating
diamonds. Garnet actually forms with diamonds but in larger quanitites.
The name garnet comes from the latin word "granatus"
(seed-like) - because it looks similar to a pomegranate seed.
Located in Kenya, Spain, Brazil, Shri Lanka, Canada, Tialand
and the US. Used by ancient Greeks and Romans in the shields
and buckles of crusaders - they called it the 'warriors stone'.
Also believed that it protected travellers from harm and sleepers
from nightmares when worn.
It was said that Noah used a lantern made of garnet to light
the way in the dark on his arc. The most prized colour of garnet
is emerald green - it is a variety called demantoid and a member
of the adradite group.
Garents are a group of minerals, other members of this
Almandine - red to violet-red
Spessartite - yellow, rose, or orange to reddish-brown
Pyrope - deep red
grossular - white, yellow, yellow-green, brownish-red, orange
Andradite - colourless, yellow-green, brown or black.
Demantoid - emerald green
Garnet Gemstone Meanings - Emotional, Spiritual, etc.
- Garnet helps with self-esteem.
- Garnet symbolises faith, courage, fire, honesty, fidelity,
grace and compassion.
- Garnet can make you more popular.
- Garnet protects travellers.
- Garnet brings constancy to friendships.
- Garnet helps combat depression and laziness.
- Garnet is thought to attract love and soul mates.
- Garnet is said to enhance creativity.
- Garnet is associated with the 1st chakra - root chakra.
Garnet Gemstone Meanings - Healing, Medical, Physical,
- Garnet is believed to be the 'gemstone of health' - balancing
energy and providing protection and a calming stable vitality.
- It is believed if you put Garnet under your pillow it can
- Garnet helps increase sex drive.
- Garnet stimulates bloodstream.
- Garnet is associated with the thyroid - enhances the body
in assimilation of iodine.
- Garnet is associated with the spleen.
- Garnet helps cleanse and purify the thyroid and spleen.
- Garnet repairs damage to DNA.
- Garnet enhances the body in assimilation of iodine, calcium,
magnesium and vitamin A and E.