is a transparent to translucent gemstone with anywhere from
a yellow-brown to a blue-white sheen. It is found in Sri Lanka,
India, Madagascar, Australia, Brazil and the U.S.A. Milkier
looking moonstone is sometimes referred to as Adularia Moonstone,
while a moonstone with a higher sheen and that is much denser
is referred to as an Albite moonstone. The most powerful time
to use the moonstone is in a full moon. Placing it in the moonlight
of a moon reaching its fullness, not a full or waning moon,
can revitalise it.
Sometimes called a "dream stone" for the beautiful
dreams it is said to bring to its wearer. Another name for Moonstone
is Selenite, after the ancient Greek goddess of the moon, Selene.
It was used extensively in the art nouveau movement, and very
popular in the early 20th century.
Moonstone Gemstone Meanings - Emotional, Spiritual,
- Moonstone is worn as an amulet to bring good emotions to
- Moonstone offers protection on land and at sea.
- Moonstone is a good luck stone.
- Moonstone enhances intuition, perception and judgement.
- Moonstone can protect those of a sensitive nature.
- Moonstone is an excellent stone to use in meditation to
- Moonstone promotes inspiration.
- Moonstone brings good fortune.
- Moonstone can reunite lovers who have quarreled.
- Moonstone assists in foretelling the future
- Moonstone is a particularly good gemstone for women.
- Moonstone brings success in love as well as business matters.
- Moonstone can be beneficial to men in opening the emotional
Moonstone Gemstone Meanings - Healing, Medical, Physical,
- Moonstone stimulates the functioning of the pineal gland.
- Moonstone is said to align the spine.
- Moonstone balances internal hormone cycles with nature's
- Moonstone can aid digestion.
- Moonstone helps when healing reproductive disorders.
- Moonstone is good for period pains.
- Moonstone lightens anxiety and stress